If I am not wrong, Facetime is one of the most missed features by the iPad users. It would have been so much better if the iPad offered both front and rear cameras for Facetime. Don’t feel bad as that problem can easily be solved by a tweak called Intell. Of course, by using this tweak, you would not be able to add a camera, but the other party will be able to hear you.
I love using this tweak on my iPad as it not only enables Facetime, but also optimizes it for the iPad. The video quality is excellent.
Here are the steps:
Conference.framework, IMCore.framework MobilePhone.app, ConferenceRegistrationSettings.bundle, AVFoundation.framework, Celestial.framework, and the UISounds folder all from iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4 firmware and a Jailbroken iPad running 4.2.1 (works on untethered and tethered)
1. SSH to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
2. Rename Conference.framework to ConferenceiPad.framework and IMCore.framework to IMCoreiPad.framework
3. Upload the Conference.framework and IMCore.frameworks from the iPod Touch 4 or iPhone 4 to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
4. Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ and download the K48AP.plist for editing.
under the capabilities array, then upload the modified version to SpringBoard.app on the iPad replacing the unmodified version
6. Upload the ConferenceRegistrationSettings.bundle from the iDevice 4 to /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/
7. Navigate to /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/K48/ and rename AVCaptureSession.plist to AVCaptureSession.bak2
8. Upload the AVCaptureSession.plist from the iPod Touch 4 /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/N81/ or /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/N90/ from the iPhone 4
9. Navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/K48/ and rename AVCapture.plist to AVCapture.bak2
10. Upload the AVCapture.plist from the iPod Touch 4 /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N81/ or /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N90/ from the iPhone 4
11. To get the sounds woking navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/ and put vc~ended.caf, vc~invitation-accepted.caf, and vc~ringing.caf from the iDevice 4 into the iPad’s UISounds folder
12. Navigate to /Applications/Preferences.app/ and download the Settings.plist
13. Remove the requieredCapabilites key from item number 26, save, then replace the version on the iPad with modified version
14. Edit the info.plist in the MobilePhone.app that is from the iDevice 4. Change CFBundleDisplayName~ipod to CFBundleDisplayName~ipad, CFBundleIconFiles~ipod to CFBundleIconFiles~ipad, CFBundleURLTypes~ipod to CFBundleURLTypes~ipad, UILaunchImageFile~ipod to UILaunchImageFile~ipad, and add a 2 to the UIDeivceFamily array (For help with adding the 2 visit http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/apps-ipad-compatible)
15. Replace the Default~ipod.png with the attached file (from the ifans source given below)
16. Navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.Framework/ and rename bottombarknobgreen.png to bottombarknobgreenT.png
17. Reboot and enjoy FaceTime